Mixing ClaudiCemento pigments with ClaudiCemento microcement mortar
Adding a pigment to ClaudiCemento Microcement mortar:
- Shake the pigment bottle for about 30 -45 seconds to make sure that all of the concentrated pigment at the bottom, is coming up and mixing with all of the liquefiers.
- The pigment needs to be dissolved in water* before we add it to the microcement mortar:
Option 1 – using the entire bottle of pigment:
- Pour the entire pigment from the bottle into a clean container with a small amount of water* to create a Pigment Mix.
- Pour a bit of water into the used bottle of pigment, shake it and add it to the pigment mix to ensure that all pigment was used.
- Add the Pigment Mix to the microcement mortar, mix it throughout to avoid uneven colouring of the microcement mortar, then continue to follow the steps re microcement mortar mixing with water as per installation guidance.
Option 2 – not using the entire bottle of pigment ( inc.10m2 Kit buckets)
Measured quantity of the pigment needs to be poured into a clean container – To get precise measuring, the pigment should be weighted on electronic scale measuring quantities between 0.1gr -500 gr.
Pour the measured quantity of the pigment into a container, add a small amount of water* to it to create a Pigment Mix.
Pour a bit of water in the container where measured pigment was in, shake it and add it to the Pigment Mix to ensure that all pigment was used.
Add the Pigment Mix to the microcement mortar, mix it throughout to avoid uneven colouring of the microcement mortar, then continue to the next step of installation – microcement mortar mixing with water as per installation guidance.
*water –the microcement mortar always needs to be mixed with water 20-30 %
How to calculate how much pigment do you need per 1 kg of microcement:
Weight of the PIGMENT
Divide the weight of the pigment by the weight of the full bucket of Microcement FINE – 20kg, BASE – 20kg, DECK 20 kg or 23kg.
One bottle of Off – White pigment is 600gr. Therefore, 600gr of Off-White pigment should be mixed with a full bucket of Microcement Fine (20kg), or full bucket of Microcement Deck (23kg or 20kg) or full bucket of Microcement Base (20kg).
If we wish to use only 5kg of Microcement Fine then we need to divide 600gr (weight of the pigment ) by 20kg (weight of the full bucket of Microcement FINE) and multiply it by 5kg ( the actual weight of the product that we will be using) :
600gr : 20kg = 30 gr ( this is how much we would use of 1 kg of Microcement Fine)
30gr x 5 = 150gr
For 5kg of ClaudiCemento microcement Fine we need 150 gr of ClaudiCemento Off White pigment.
Using Microcement BASE as a finishing coat – due to the thick grain of Microcement BASE, the colour on microcement BASE always comes out darker. If you are using microcement base as a finishing coat and you wish to achieve a colour as on the microcement DECK samples then add 30% less of the pigment recommended dose.
*dark pigments – on a second coat of microcement Base the half of the pigment bottle can be mixed.
*to achieve lighter shade add less of the pigment recommended dose.
There are no reviews yet.