Mixing ClaudiCemento pigments with ClaudiCemento microcement mortar
Adding a pigment to ClaudiCemento Microcement mortar:
- Shake the pigment bottle for about 30 -45 seconds to make sure that all of the concentrated pigment at the bottom, is coming up and mixing with all of the liquefiers.
- The pigment needs to be dissolved in water* before we add it to the microcement mortar:
Option 1 – using the entire bottle of pigment:
- Pour the entire pigment from the bottle into a clean container with a small amount of water* to create a Pigment Mix.
- Pour a bit of water into the used bottle of pigment, shake it and add it to the pigment mix to ensure that all pigment was used.
- Add the Pigment Mix to the microcement mortar, mix it throughout to avoid uneven colouring of the microcement mortar, then continue to follow the steps re microcement mortar mixing with water as per installation guidance.
Option 2 – not using the entire bottle of pigment
Measured quantity of the pigment needs to be poured into a clean container. To get precise measuring, the pigment should be weighted on electronic scale measuring quantities between 0.1gr -500 gr.
Pour the measured quantity of the pigment into a container with a small amount of water* to create a Pigment Mix.
Pour a bit of water in the container where measured pigment was in, shake it and add it to the Pigment Mix to ensure that all pigment was used.
Add the Pigment Mix to the microcement mortar, mix it throughout to avoid uneven colouring of the microcement mortar, then continue to the next step of installation – microcement mortar mixing with water as per installation guidance.
*water –the microcement mortar always needs to be mixed with water 20-30 % / between 5- 6 litters.
Below you will find a PDF file with a table which shows how many grams of pigment needs to be used per 1kg of ClaudiCemento microcement Base, Deck or Fine.
One bottle of ClaudiCemento pigment is ready to be mixed with one 20kg bucket of ClaudiCemento Microcement Fine, one bucket 23kg bucket of ClaudiCemento Microcement Deck, or one 24kg bucket of ClaudiCemento Microcement Base.
If less than a full bucket of microcement Deck, Fine or Base is used, then we need to calculate how much pigment should be added.
The calculation is as follows:
Weight of the pigment divided by the weight of the product, for example:
One bottle of Light Grey pigment is 93 gr.
Therefore, 93gr of Light Grey should be mixed with a full bucket* of Microcement Fine (20kg), Deck (23kg) or Base (24kg).
If we wish to use only 5kg of Microcement Fine then we need to divide 93gr by 20kg and multiply it by 5kg ( by the actual weight of the product that we will be using )
93gr : 20kg = 4.65gr ( this is how much we would use of 1 kg of Microcement Fine)
4.65gr x 5 = 23.25gr
For 5kg microcement Fine we need 23.25gr of ClaudiCemento Light Grey pigment
*dark pigments – on a second coat of microcement Base the half of the pigment bottle can be mixed.